Six years in production, and a lifetime in the making, The Rockabilly Legends: A Tribute to My Friends tracing the roots of rockabilly music and its impact on music history and American culture, is the most entertaining and comprehensive historical music collection ever created. The heart of the project is a $ 2.5 million, 3-hour feature broadcast documentary which supports a unique 4-CD original soundtrack set within the must-have 14-CD collection for Rockabilly and Rock ‘n’ Roll fans of all ages.
Conceived, written and produced with painstaking attention to detail by Jerry Naylor, former lead singer of The Crickets, this project is the restoration and preservation of an era that changed music forever.
The documentary supports a special product collection including:
- A two-DVD set of the three-hour documentary, containing extra footage and features.
- Eight compilation CD’s filled with original master recordings of the best-known Rockabilly Legends’ hits, each digitally refurbished and restored by The Naylor Company and Patrick McGuire Recording for this package. Each disc also contains a rare live performance bonus track. The bonus tracks were selected from various live performances by The Everly Brothers, Bill Haley & The Comets and Gene Vincent.
- Four newly recorded documentary soundtrack CD’s-three featuring Jerry Naylor paying tribute to the Rockabilly Legends, and one honoring the music of the legendary Carl Perkins. Naylor recorded the latter with special duet partner Stan Perkins, son of the late rockabilly icon.
- A Live at the Louisiana Hayride CD featuring Elvis’ first recorded live performance on the Louisiana Hayride in October 1954, plus live Hayride performances from Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton and Bob Luman, and a very rare 1952 live recording of Hank Williams’ last performance at the Hayride.
- A CD containing interviews with the Rockabilly Legends conducted by legendary radio and television personality Red Robinson.
The three-hour feature television documentary, The Rockabilly Legends: A Tribute to My Friends, hosted by Naylor and Red Robinson, is narrated by game show pioneer and television icon Wink Martindale. The Rockabilly Legends is a treasury of never-before-seen performance footage and photographs, as well as exclusive interviews with and about the founding fathers of rockabilly music—Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Buddy Knox, Gene Vincent, Johnny and Dorsey Burnette, Bob Luman, Charlie Rich and Johnny Horton, among others. Woven throughout the documentary is commentary from producers, band members, studio musicians, family members and music historians, including Bill Griggs, telling the story of how rockabilly was created and how its effects were felt not only in the U.S., but around the world.
The Rockabilly Legends: A Tribute to My Friends CD and DVD collection, presented by The Jerry Naylor Company, LLC and marketed worldwide exclusively by The Rockabilly Legends Media Group, Inc. available on this website.